Effetto Mariposa Carogna Remover 150ml
Carogna Remover is a modern solvent that will soften/gelify dried-out mastic or other glues, allowing to completely remove them from carbon or aluminum rims.
That will provide the optimal surface for passing to our Carogna tubular tape… or use fresh mastic on a clean rim.
Easy to apply:
Carogna Remover, thanks to its high viscosity, can be spread on the rim gluing surface with a brush. Being red, you will clearly see where it is and spread it evenly on the whole rim gluing surface.
allowing it time to work (between 2 to 12 hours, depending on the mastic type), Carogna Remover will dissolve the mastic, making it easy to remove with a cloth.
Not smelly nor dangerous:
using a new breed of chemicals, Carogna Remover isn’t a fast evaporating solvant that will force you to work outside or open doors and windows in your workshop. No smell means you can safely use it indoor. Infact, despite its very strong action, Carogna Remover doesn’t contain any dangerous or flammable chemical and is totally benign to metal or carbon fiber.
Made in Italy.
1. Carogna Remover should be spread on the whole gluing surface using a small brush. We recommend to completely cover mastic traces with a thick layer (around 1 mm) of Remover. Thanks to its high viscosity, Carogna Remover won’t drip down but stay where you put it, on top of the mastic, dissolving it.
WARNING: immediately clean Carogna Remover if any excess goes on rim decals, as some might be dissolved.
2. Allow Carogna Remover time to work: depending on the mastic type, thickness and ageing, Carogna Remover might need more time to work. Once the old mastic is covered with Remover, the wheel can be hung somewhere and checked from time to time (between 2 to 12 hours), trying to scrape the mastic away using a plastic tire lever or an old rag. If mastic is still holding strong, allow more time.
3. When the old mastic is “cooked”, Carogna Remover will have it softened and turned it into gel: it can, at this point, be removed using a cloth or a plastic tire lever.
WARNING: while some professional mechanics (as in the video below) might want to use a blunt flat-head screwdriver to remove the Carogna Remover-treated mastic, we recommend avoiding metal tools for this task. A plastic tyre lever or an old rag are largely enough at that point.
1. How many wheels can be done with a tube of Carogna Remover?This depends a lot on how much you put on each wheel. It’s realistically between 4 and 8 wheels.
2. Does it have an expiry date?The chemicals used are stable. We warranty Carogna Remover for two years from the date of purchase.
3. If someone leaves it in his shed and freezes during winter time will it lose it effectiveness?We recommend keeping Carogna Remover in a dry place, away from direct sunlight and extreme temperatures. The product should be stored at temperatures between 0°C and 40°C.